Empieza


It’s amazing how much I have learned already. I have only been gone for 9 days and yet I am seeing, learning, touching, growing, and doing more incredible things living here than I have ever done in Chicago. That’s not something I am bragging about by any means. The fact that someone like me, had to travel 3,500 miles away from home to realize that when I could have realized that at home says a lot about who I am.
I love exploring more than anything. I love the unknown. I absolutely love not knowing what comes next and what is ahead; it’s my natural high. I don’t know exactly what each day will look like here. I have some faint idea, but each day pleasantly surprises me. The best word to describe each day is random. Random people. Random places. Random conversations. Random interactions. Random stories. Random. Hearing the waves crashing at the beach, eating my two bocadillas that my house mother made me for lunch one on the Metro the other at the beach, looking for a thrift store with a friend in Barcelona, asking for directions from a local in Spanish, eating a delicious dinner talking completely in Spanish with my Senora Carmen; My life is random. I can only sit here and smile; I love it.

Comments

  1. When wisdom enters into your heart and knowledge itself becomes pleasant to your very soul, thinking ability itself will keep guard over you, discernment itself will safeguard you. - Proverbs 2:10, 11
    tehehe thought this was appropriate :) glad you're having such a great time, miss you! -Car

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randomly awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot

Forgetting Paris: Meet Ada & Mateo

Time