And Life Continues...



I was asked to write about my stay here for our synchronized skating athletic web-site which will be posted sometime soon. Keep your eyes peeled at this address http://www.muredhawks.com/sports/w-syncssk/mioh-w-syncssk-body-main.html

This is what I sent in... Enjoy
Buenos Dias from Barcelona, Spain,
Eventually, I will have to stop moving at 1,000 kilometers per hour while I am living here in Barcelona; eventually. Until then, I am seeing beautiful places, meeting the most genuine people, learning a beautiful language and eating the most unusual food. The perfect word to describe my entire time so far in Spain is random. When my alarm goes off at 8:00AM, I leave my 8th floor apartment with the host family I am living with, head to class, and after that, I never know how my day or weekends are going to end. The best purchase I have made in this country is the 47.00 Euro unlimited monthly metro pass. I literally am living on the metro getting around from one end of the city to the other, from one beach to the next, traveling from mountain to mountain, to a neighborhood for a “Discotecha” dance club, to an art museum to see Dali and Picasso, or a midnight coffee in a local plaza. You really appreciate a good pair of shoes here, especially since I have already had to make a visit to the local doctor for infected blisters due to my endless walking and exploring. Good thing I mastered the art of how to wrap my feet from our Miami sports trainer!
My journey began in Madrid where I toured for two days, and then traveled to Toledo, Spain after Barcelona won the Futbol Champion League here in Barcelona. After Toledo, I traveled on a bus for seven hours to Barcelona where I will live for the next 65 days of my twentieth year on this earth.
I realize that life is all about embracing the little moments. The moment where I was swimming out in the Mediterranean Sea by myself feeling at peace with the world, the moment I started dreaming in Spanish, the feeling I felt while staring at the famous Sagrada Familia Cathedral, and looking around and laughing on the beach with the great friends I have already made. I love the humid Barcelona air, the foreign smells, the beautiful coast line I see everyday, the hot sun that shines in through the windows from the terrace outside my room, the socializing, and the bocodillo (sandwich) and coffee I have every morning. I realize that Barcelona is beautiful and life is beautiful

Comments

  1. So excited for your never-forget life experience this summer! Happy times! Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forgetting Paris: Meet Ada & Mateo

Time

Off the Grid