Bienvenido a Espana

27 hours of being in 3 cars, 3 planes, 2 layovers, 1 customs check (no, not in Madrid, Frankfurt), having to reorganize my bags twice in the middle of the airport, buying a $59 Euro bag after a woman told me I was going to have to pay $250 for overweight baggage on Lufthansa, returning the bag after I go to a friendly looking man who tells me “No worries, you came from the USA;” I finally made it to this beautiful country and am currently sitting in this wonderful hotel, Hotel Museo del Arte, in Madrid.
An immediate reason why I love this country; the wine is cheaper than the water. I’m sold. I realize that I am a feather floating in this world. I was destined to meet wonderful people immediately upon getting here, I was destined to love this city and immediately start thinking in Spanish and pick up simple phrases such as, “Cuenta por favor y Me gustaria numero cuatro con un copa de blanco vino.” I kept pinching myself as I walked around this city seeing museums, Cathedrals, Pablo Picasso and Dali paintings, plaza centers, local markets and of course pigeons, thinking my life is surreal. How am I having a conversation with this person in this location on this day? How am I actually talking in Spanish in this city? Life is incredible and it makes me realize how much I love people. I love taking chances and putting yourself out there and loving people for exactly who they are, where they are in their walk in life, and embracing every moment with people.

Comments

  1. Sounds awesome Kell! Its funny to hear you are already thinking in spanish.... how wonderful! Plus, the wine... ooohhhh the wine... sounds fantastic. Please have a fare share for me too!

    Love and Miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, Spanish pigeons! Do they look the same?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forgetting Paris: Meet Ada & Mateo

Time

Off the Grid