Barcelona


It's too difficult to fathom what living in a foreign city will feel like until you get here. One thing I have already mastered is walking and taking the metro. I think I walk at least 15 miles a day here, I'll get back to you on how many kilometers that is. I walk... I walk some more.. I walk a little longer, take a small detour, ask for directions, hop on the metro and then I walk some more. Yes, I have realized the beauty of owning a good pair of sandals.
The most incredible thing I did today was go to the beach; the typical European beach after I went exploring the city by myself for a bit. I went for a swim for about 15 minutes and realized how beautiful a few moments can be. I was all alone, taking each stroke, tasting the strongest salt water and felt God pushing me along. Years ago I was fearful to even put my toe in the ocean and here I was swimming out into the Mediterranean Sea in Barcelona, Spain. I absolutely love it. I love the new experiences, the new faces I meet, the new places I see, the things I hear, the smells I smell; life is beautiful.

Comments

  1. Any pictures Kellster? Just please, no greasy fat Spanish old guys in banana hammocks.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i literally laughed out loud at jeff's comment.

    pictures would be fab..when you have a chance of course and are not out being fabulous :)

    love&miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cars suck! The best moments are the ones not caught on camera. The ones that you could never really *quite* explain to someone.

    I know you're having a blast Kell, keep at it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot

Forgetting Paris: Meet Ada & Mateo

Time