Cause I'm Leavin On a Jet Plane


The words aren’t flowing from my tongue because there are more than a million words to be found. Scattered thoughts that are drifting all around me. The biggest word to describe exactly what I feel is free. Free from everything. Free from the confines of people’s expectations, free from men, free from myself; free. Free to run and see the world. Free to discover, free to learn, to dream, to dance, to laugh, to yearn. Free.
It is with great excitement that I take a new step into a new chapter of my life. A new page is being written and I am the first to read it.
It is with great love and joy that I say good-bye to the people I love around me as I go off to a distant place and meet new people going through all walks of life.
It is with great anticipation that I go and step onto that 767 plane with just my books and journal on my lap.
It is with great excitement that I walk those sunny streets winding my way around a whole new land.
It is with great bravery that I completely step out of my comfort zone and look around at this new culture I will be immersed in.
It is with all of this that I leave you for now. Remember this my friends, this saying I hold dear to my heart, “With everything to lose, you are trapped inside this world. With Nothing to lose, the world is yours… -WES”

Comments

  1. kel!!!!! im so so so happy that you started this blog so i can stalk you from new york/italy :) im so excited for you to be going off to a place you've never been, and for what you've just recently experienced at home! i love you so so so so much and cannot wait to see you tomorrow before you jet off to spain!

    love always,
    mers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you write, Kelly. You have a very beautiful soul that is evident through your words. Great to see you yesterday...we'll be thinking about you daily and checking this blog ;) I believe you are going to have an incredible time!

    "A Ship in the port is safe, but that is not what a ship is built for."
    -Benazir Bhutto

    Love,
    Katie y Babe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot

Forgetting Paris: Meet Ada & Mateo

Time