I'm Leaving... On a Jet Plane


I can't believe that in less than 12 hours I will be leaving Barcelona to travel home to Chicago. I simply can not believe that somehow 70 days have passed since I have last stepped foot U.S. soil. I can not believe how much I have learned this summer. I can not believe how much I have grown as a person. I can not believe this part of my journey in life is coming to an end. I can't believe it and I don't want to believe it.
I do believe that I will never be the same person after this summer. I will forever have a different output on life with how I see the world and how I interact with people. I do believe that this was the most incredible summer and trip of my life. I embraced every moment and opportunity and opened up my heart for it to change: and it did change.
I don't cry very much in life but know that when my taxi picks me up at 6:45 AM from my apartment that tears will be pouring down my face. Even as I travel on my 3 planes to head home, or sit in the Frankfurt airport for 6 hours, I will be feeling a part of my heart being torn. I'm sad to leave such a monumental chapter and journey of my life. Sad to leave behind people I truly love. But in the end, it's all about what I take form this experience and what I do with it in life. I'm coming home a different person and I could not be more thankful. Adios Espana...

Comments

  1. Que uf!

    I'm jealous Kell, but it will be nice to see you soon. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot

Forgetting Paris: Meet Ada & Mateo

The Beginning