A Piece of Me Will Always Be


























A piece of my heart will always be in this place, Barcelona.
A piece of how I think for the rest of my life, how I view the world, how I talk with foreigners, how I talk in Spanish; it will all be impacted by this country. I go to class at 9:30 and done at 1pm everyday. I absolutely love it. My English is starting to get pretty bad with how I speak. I keep laughing at the odd phrases I say or the interchanging Spanish I use. Afterward class, the day is mine. I'm free to explore, hit the beach, check out the huge sales that Barcelona is currently having in this extreme heat, and make it home in time for a cold shower before my cena (dinner) at 10pm. I'm laughing a lot with the people I'm with, I'm smiling just looking around me at all the ironic or beautiful places; I'm loving it. I wish I could take all the people I love so much from home, my friends and family, and ship them over here for one night. I would take them up to a beautiful view of Mount Juic, drink cava and laugh and dance with them until the sun rose and the metro re opened at 5AM. I'll keep dreaming and continue loving it here.

Comments

  1. I can't wait to hear all about this wonderfulness in person when we snuggle back at Miami this fall!

    p.s. it was SO good to talk to you this weekend...i miss you! We need to chat again soon

    Love you!!!

    p.p.s. i listened to 'lucky' on the bus today and thought of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think I don't regularly check for a cheap method to "ship myself over there for a day".

    Summertime fares suck =(

    Hasta tres semanas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot

Forgetting Paris: Meet Ada & Mateo

Time