Children: The Same in Every Culture


Traveling to India reinforced this idea I see so apparent in this world: children are the same in every culture. When they are young, they have one thing in common that they love to do: laugh with a curious spirit. So many times I would walk by children on the street or see them from the window of our bus, and I would see huge grins on there face. Children remind me of the simplicity in this world. A child doesn't know until a later age that they are born in a certain class or even what there skin color is. Those first years of there life they simply are a blank canvas waiting to be painted by the world and the ones around them.

I passed by this group of girls and had to capture there smiling faces. I said hello to them and they said hello back to me and were curious about me. Children everywhere are curious. I asked them there names and now can't remember. I told them that my name was Kelly and I heard them try and pronounce my unusual name for their ears and giggle in return. I don't know what social class these children came from, who there parents were or what they will grow up to be in 2o years. I do know that children love to be loved wherever they are in the world. Seeing this smiling group of girls in India reminded me of that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot

Forgetting Paris: Meet Ada & Mateo

Time