Colors


Unusual and vivid colors are everywhere in this country. When I walk through a market full of spices and dried fruit, or I see women hanging clothing on a clothes lines next to their house, vivid colors fill my eyes. Even the dyes used on the hand carved stamps for their fabrics are new colors to me. Maybe the colors I have seen before in the U.S. Maybe I had seen them before. But for the first time, I notice them. I see them and truly realize how authentic and beautiful it is to see the color turquoise next to a gray background. Or the color pink on a woman's sari amongst a cobble street. I love this photograph I captured of a woman and her child on a balcony. Amongst the neutral background of her house's color she pops out to me. The colors on her and surrounding her are what draw me to capture this photo and try and record this beautiful image of her holding her child. The colors are what I love in this country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot

Forgetting Paris: Meet Ada & Mateo

Time