God's Gift to Breakfast: Honey Buttered Chicken Biscuit Sandwich

I was walking down a side stair case on a Friday afternoon at work with a huge grin on my face as I clutched my lap top on one side of me as I held nothing other than a Chick-fil-A sandwich in the other hand. As I walked down that stair case, I realized that the fact that this sandwich had literally made my day, showed how much of a foodie I am.

But let me tell you that Chick-fil-A is not like any other fast food chain out there. For those of you that have not had the priviledge to eat at this fine establishment, which may be due to the fact of your location, Northerners – you are just getting your first glimpse of Chick-fil-A, so for now, I will cut you some slack. But the next chance you see one, immediately turn your car into that parking lot, walk into the store (don't mess around with the drive thru, you won't get the full experience), and order this: #1 Original Chicken Sandwich and add honey to it. Trust me. And don't skip on the waffle fries – they cook their food in peanut oil, so you can feel at ease knowing that this food is marginally better for you than any other fried food. And don't resort to a Diet Coke, go for the lemonade and your taste buds will adore you and your choice. If you are there at the lucky hours before 10:30am, get nothing other than the honey butter chicken sandwich. This is the exact sandwich I was clutching at 2:30pm on Friday afternoon and I was the happiest girl in the world. Which is saying something that this sandwich was from that morning's breakfast, so at least about 6 hours old, and I was happy to take that sandwich back to my desk, heat it up in our kitchen's microwave and happily eat this amazing treat.

I hugged my friend who handed me the sandwich who said, "We had an extra and I thought immediately of you." She knows me too well and my obsession with this wonderful place. My taste buds are salivating just writing this and I'm cursing the fact that they are closed today on a Sunday, ironic that I'm cursing since they observe the Sabbath. It was while I was in that staircase that I realized that it is the little things in life, like a honey buttered chicken sandwich, that make up the good things in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgetting Paris: Meet Ada & Mateo

Time

Off the Grid