No Queso

Last weekend I ate an entire block of cheese myself. Combined, Brandon and I ate two entire blocks of cheese. And those weren't for meals, those were after dinner snacks. It was Sunday night and I had a glass of red wine in my hand and when I said that statement out loud, I realized my passion for cheese has gotten out of control. I'm obsessed. I could eat cheese and red wine for days. It's the ideal combination of food I dream of more so than anything else. Oh, and my favorite food in the entire world is Mac 'N Cheese. It's my comfort food and deserves to be capitalized when spoken of.

I've recently learned how sensitive I am to dairy - doesn't sit well with me and not to mention it's not helping my naturally high cholesterol. They say that to get rid of a habit it takes 30 days. So I'm up to the challenge and have decided to cut cheese out of my diet for 30 days. It's been one week so far and let me tell you that there were some days that drove me crazy. Like last Tuesday, right next to where I sit at work sat free pizza for an entire afternoon. The combination of my hunger, the fact that it was free, and that I could actually look at the boxes of exotic pizza from my work chair, were enough to make me want to run over to the pizza and start devouring it.

You would think that it would be easy to cut out cheese, but let me tell you that cheese sneaks into so many meals at a restaurants: sandwiches, soups, salads, side dishes. Restaurants even love to add it to the top of dishes. Cheese is everywhere. I ordered breakfast tacos on Friday for an early meeting and every single one of them came with cheese. I asked for one without and that taco received its very own "Special" sticker.

Will I forever give up wine and cheese after these four weeks? No. But I'm hoping that after another 3 weeks of this, I start to ask for some things without cheese, which will ultimately help my little arteries and heart and keep my obsession under control. Until then, I will dream of cheese and it's ultimate bliss. The prize for myself and Brandon enduring this for 3 weeks? A progressive Mac 'N Cheese date. 4 different places in Dallas that have made our list of top Mac 'N Cheese contendors and ending with a bottle of wine. Whoever gives in first, pays. Can't wait until October 15.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot

Forgetting Paris: Meet Ada & Mateo

Time